Biography and Education
Dr. Sohail Akram was born at Tarbela, district Haripur on November 16, 1977. His early education including SSC and HSC (Pre-Eng.) was from Cadet College Kohat in 1994 and 1996 respectively and done his BSc in mechanical engineering from University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar (Pakistan) in 2001-2002.
Dr. Sohail Akram had been awarded merit scholarship in SSC board examinations and has also been nominated for HEC's indigenous scholarship for MS leading to PhD in 2011. He successfully completed his MS in design and manufacturing engineering in August 2013, from NUST Islamabad. Moreover, he has also recently completed his PhD from the department of Design and Manufacturing Engineering, SMME (NUST) Pakistan, on Nov 25, 2019.
Currently, he is working as an Assistant Professor at Department of Mechanical Engineering, PIEAS, Nilore, Islamabad, as a faculty member.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Akram, Sohail, Shafi Uddin, Syed Husain Imran Jaffery, Mian Aamer Jalil, and Syed Waqar Haider Kazmi. “Numerical Modeling and Experimental Validation in Orthogonal Machining of Aluminum Al 6061-T6 Alloy.” Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology 39, no. 1 (2020): 179-194.
- Akram, Sohail, Syed Husain Imran Jaffery, Mushtaq Khan, Muhammad Fahad, Aamir Mubashar, and Liaqat Ali. "Numerical and experimental investigation of Johnson–Cook material models for aluminum (Al 6061-T6) alloy using orthogonal machining approach." Advances in Mechanical Engineering 10, no. 9 (2018): 1687814018797794.
- 3. Warsi, Salman Sagheer, Syed Husain Imran Jaffery, Riaz Ahmad, Mushtaq Khan, Liaqat Ali, Mujtaba Hassan Agha, and Sohail Akram. "Development of energy consumption map for orthogonal machining of Al 6061-T6 alloy." Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture 232, no. 14 (2018): 2510-2522.
- Akram, Sohail, Husain Imran, Mushtaq Khan, Aamir Mubashar, Salman Warsi, and Umair Riaz. "A numerical investigation and experimental validation on chip morphology of aluminum alloy 6061 during orthogonal machining." In 2016 Moratuwa Engineering Research Conference (MERCon), pp. 331-336. IEEE, 2016.
- Akram, Sohail, Syed Husain Imran Jaffery, Mushtaq Khan, Aamir Mubashar, and Liaqat Ali. "A numerical investigation of effects of cutting velocity and feed rate on residual stresses in aluminum alloy Al-6061." Int J Mater Mech Manuf 3 (2015): 26-30.
- Warsi, Salman S., Hussain I. Jaffery, Riaz Ahmad, Mushtaq Khan, and Sohail Akram. "Analysis of power and specific cutting energy consumption in orthogonal machining of Al 6061-T6 alloys at transitional cutting speeds." In ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, vol. 57366, p. V02BT02A057. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2015.
- STME (ME-691)